11 June 2013

Our weekend getaway to Vail Sonnealp Hotel

Hi there! How was your weekend? We decided to take off to the mountains! We have been having a lot going on lately, and needed a break. We are only a couple of hours from Vail and Aspen so we thought that would be nice for a little escapee. It was really beautiful and relaxing! Jeremy and I are pretty quiet and layed back so we don't do a lot and love to just lay around and take advantage of the scenery . 
The Mountain games were also going on down in the village, so we could hear at night from our little balcony the bands that were playing. Here are some pictures that I snapped on my I phone for you guys. Just so you know there is a ton of pictures and more to come this week!

View from our little balcony right into Vail Village. People watching was great there :)


Eating some lunch at Beau Jos in Glenwood Springs



Hotel lobby


View eating dinner Friday night on the patio











This was one night out of the balcony, the clouds were just beautiful! Full of oranges pinks and greys!





We had a wonderful time at this little boutique style hotel. I would highly recommend it if you will be staying in Vail! This was a suite that they upgraded us too when we arrived and I wanted to cry... LOL
The bathroom was beautiful and large with HEATED floors! My feet are always freezing so this I have to tell ya was awesome! The staff was wonderful too and very friendly. This is also a green hotel, so they would give use glass bottles and ask us not to leave towels on the floor if we did not want them changed out, and could use them again. They try and recycle as much as possible. I have to say too the water was awesome to drink! We could not get enough of it! 
I will be back this week with more pictures of the spa and the beautiful river that we lived at that is behind the hotel. Just gorgeous!

2 comments:

Helene said...

this is so pretty! what a fabulous hotel!! Looks like I need to make a trip!
Helene in Between

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

such a gorgeous place! I must visit here!! I can't get over the views and that sunset, oh my!! Def looks like a wonderful vacay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails